Ellen Croft - Director Inclusion and SEND Hub
Ellen is Vice Principal CPLD and Director Inclusion and SEND Hub based at Ash Field Academy. Ellen has over 20 years of teaching and leadership experience both in mainstream and specialist schools. Ellen is a specialist Leader of Education SEND. She believes in a bright future and our ability to build it together to improve the academic and social outcomes for our learners with SEND.
Ellen has a demonstrated history of developing and delivering effective CPLD on the following:
- Initial Teacher Training
- Early Career Teacher Training
- National Professional Qualifications (NPQLTD and NPQSL)
- National National Award for SEN Co-ordination (NASENDCo)
- The Engagement Model (DfE Trainer)
- Lead SEND Reviewer
- Leading a Mentally Healthy School
- Specialist courses on PMLD, Sensory Learning, Sensory Rooms etc
Through the Inclusion and SEND Hub’s School to School Support Network, Ellen has led on and developed several local initiatives to improve SEND provision for learners in mainstream and specialist schools including SEND Reviews.
Ellen is also a:
- Challenge Partner Hub Manager and reviewer Challenge Partners |
- Vice Chair Board of Directors Leicester and Leicestershire SCITT Welcome to Leicester and Leicestershire SCITT - SCITT (leics-scitt.co.uk)
- pdnet champion pdnet Champions
- Trustee on the National Board of EQUALS EQUALS
- Whole School SEND Content Associate
- Whole School SEND SEND reviewer
Lynsey O'Keeffe - Assistant Director Inclusion and SEND Hub
Lynsey is the Assistant Director of the Inclusion and SEND Hub here at Ash Field Academy.
Throughout her 25-year career in mainstream education Lynsey has always been passionate about ensuring the very best educational experience for our children with special educational needs. Lynsey is an experienced SENDCO having worked at senior leadership level and is a Specialist Leader in Education for SEND.
As Assistant Director of the Inclusion and SEND Hub, Lynsey’s role includes:
- Providing school to school support for SENDCOs and school leaders
- Leading SEND reviews
- Developing and delivering the SEND programme for Initial Teacher Training
- Delivering professional development for Early Careers teachers as part of the Early Career Framework
Sarah Hancock - Inclusion and SEND Hub Administrator
Sarah is the Inclusion & SEND Hub Administrator, working closely alongside the Director & Assistant Director to deliver all projects in a unified manner.
Sarah has worked with young people & in education across various sectors for over 12 years, and has developed her skills in customer service to provide administrative support within school settings.
Sarah’s background in mainstream primary education; supporting Initial Teacher Training, Teaching Schools, Educational Psychology services and school office management, offers a wide range of experience and knowledge to support the Hub’s operation.
Sarah holds a Level 4 Diploma in Business Administration and continues to develop her skills through ongoing training and CPLD.